How We Can Help You as Your Family Lawyer
Adoption, divorce, and child custody are just a few of the topics that fall under the umbrella of family law. Family law attorneys can defend clients in family court procedures or related negotiations, as well as create key legal documents such as court petitions and property agreements. Some family law practitioners focus on adoption, paternity, emancipation, and other issues that aren't normally associated with divorce.
States have the authority to establish "acceptable formal criteria" for marriage (such as age and legal ability) and for divorce and other family law procedures. Prior to the Supreme Court ruling recognizing same-sex marriage, certain states only allowed opposite-sex couples to marry (and subsequently, to divorce).
Terminology to Know
- Emancipation is the legal process through which a minor becomes self-sufficient, adopts adult responsibility for his or her own well-being, and is no longer dependent on his or her parents.
- Marital Property is accumulated by either spouse throughout the course of a marriage and liable to split in the event of divorce.
- Alimony is a monetary payment made by one spouse to the other for the purpose of supporting them during or after a legal separation or divorce.
- Paternity: Origin or descent from a father (proving paternity means confirming the biological father of a child).
- Prenuptial Agreement: A premarital agreement in which a man and a woman agree to give up future rights to each other's property in the case of divorce or death.
The Benefits of Hiring a Family Law Attorney
The majority of family lawyers represent their clients in divorce procedures and other divorce-related matters. However, family law is a vast practice area that includes problems like foster care and reproductive rights.
Because family law issues are so personal, having a trusted legal professional on your side can help you guarantee that your loved ones are appropriately represented and safeguarded throughout any court proceedings. The peace of mind that a reputably attorney can provide for you in these situations is invaluable.
The Most Prevalent Reasons to Employ a Family Law Attorney Include:
- Divorce: Each spouse hires his or her own lawyer, who will assist in the development of a settlement agreement to avoid a trial. Divorce lawyers are usually adept at dividing marital assets, calculating spousal support, and establishing a child custody, visitation, and support arrangement (if applicable).
- Child Custody and Support: Court orders and settlement agreements including both custody and support are typically included in larger divorce cases, although they may be reconsidered as circumstances change. Child support, for example, may be changed if the non-custodial parent's financial condition changes.
- Paternity: Paternity cases are typically filed by mothers in order to get child support payments from an absent father. However, some biological fathers seek paternity in order to maintain contact with their children. DNA testing is commonly used to determine paternity.
- Adoption / Foster Care: Adoption is a complicated procedure that varies depending on the type of adoption, the location of the child in question, state legislation, and other considerations. As a result, it's critical to seek legal advice from a family law attorney. Foster parents may choose to adopt their foster children, but this does not always necessitate legal assistance.
Why Choose Us
Choosing an attorney to represent you in your case will likely be one of the most important decisions you make in your lifetime. The results of your case may affect you for many years. You should choose a lawyer who's both trustworthy and experienced in handling your type of case.
Your attorney should be your principal advocate in a difficult time. Trust Christian Schoepp to work tirelessly on your behalf and ensure the most favorable outcome possible.
0MMoney Recently Recovered
0+Total Years Experience
FLORIDA ATTORNEY CHRISTIAN SCHOEPP
Schoepp Law prides ourselves on doing things differently. When you book a consultation, you’ll speak directly with Christian Schoepp, never with a paralegal or a salesman. We do things the right way, not the easy way.
Contact us today to fight for justice on your behalf.